Imagine hosting an event with the Golden Gate Bridge as your backdrop.
With the opening of Presidio Tunnel Tops, we’re introducing two spectacular outdoor event spaces that can accommodate hundreds of guests. These complement lawns and historic indoor venues elsewhere in the park. Presidio events are supported by catering, lodging, golf, and great recreational experiences. From family celebrations to community and corporate events, the Presidio is an unforgettable setting.
East Meadow is surrounded by beautiful gardens and stunning views. It can accommodate up to 500 guests and is adjacent to the Presidio Steps, the Cliff Walk, and Picnic Place.
Located next to Presidio Plaza, the Western Lawn is an intimate gathering space surrounded by beautiful floral landscapes. It can accommodate up to 250 guests and is next to the Campfire Circle, the Main Parade Lawn, and the Lodge at the Presidio.
The Campfire Circle is lit daily from 4 pm to 5 pm for public enjoyment. Free drop-in ranger programs are held at the Campfire Circle Fridays through Sundays from 4 pm to 4:30 pm. The Campfire Circle is not available for private rental.
Reservable Picnic Sites
Picnic Place offers tables and grills that can be reserved in advance. See Picnic Sites.
Other Presidio Event Venues
The Presidio offers many other unique indoor and outdoor event spaces. See our Event Venues page for details.
When Gathering at Presidio Tunnel Tops
We have some limitations at Presidio Tunnel Tops to keep in mind when planning an event:
- Groups with more than 50 people need a special-use permit as well as other catering or amplified sound permits. If you plan to hire a third-party vendor to arrange a bespoke picnic or micro-event, you must obtain a permit.
- Small shade tents with maximum size of 5’x5’ are allowed on the lawns; no staking into the ground. No umbrellas or pop-up structures are allowed. You may be asked to take down a tent by a staff member if winds create a potential safety hazard.
- Bringing your own grill to Presidio Tunnel Tops is strictly prohibited; Picnic Place is the only place where cooking is permitted.
- Do not bring balloons, piñatas, glitter, confetti to the park – they’re are harmful to wildlife and the park’s ecology.
- Pack it in, Pack it out: leave no trace by removing your trash.
- Parties or group gatherings are not allowed at the Outpost; if you’re looking for a good spot for a gathering, use one of our Picnic Sites or one of the above event spaces.