Call for Interest ("Call") for Mobile Food Businesses
The Presidio Trust is seeking Bay Area mobile food businesses (vendors) to offer outdoor daily food service at Presidio Tunnel Tops, an extraordinary new destination opening in the Presidio of San Francisco in July 2022. The Presidio Tunnel Tops is located in the heart of the park, near the Presidio Visitor Center, Presidio Transit Center, and Crissy Field. It is expected to draw two million people every year, including visitors from around the Bay Area and the world, as well as the more than 7,000 people who live and work in the Presidio. Based on conservative projections and capture rates, we expect between 900- 2,300 diners at Presidio Tunnel Tops per day. Food service will be offered seven days-a-week.
The Trust is seeking vendors who offer delicious food at approachable prices that celebrate the diverse cultures and cuisines of the Bay Area. We are looking for a mix of rotating food options that include, but are not limited to, breakfast/brunch items such as coffee, pastries, and savory items, a wide variety of food choices (e.g., baos, tamales, banh mi, etc.) that are both family friendly and easy to eat while enjoying the park. We welcome grab and go healthy options such as sandwiches, grain bowls, soups, and hearty salads, as well as plant-based options. Lastly, we seek vendors who offer a variety of treats such as ice creams, snacks, and to-go alcohol. Food trucks, trailers, carts, and tents will be located at several locations in and around the 14-acre Presidio Tunnel Tops site.
The number of vendors onsite will vary by day of week and season, but there is an abundance of opportunity for qualified vendors to secure regular shifts! See Overview of Terms + Conditions for more information.
If you have any questions, please email: email@example.comApply Now
New Presidio Pop Up Opportunities Every Quarter!
This Call is anticipated to remain open for the next two years, and opportunities to participate will be offered on quarterly basis. To be considered for future quarters, complete your application anytime but no later than the deadlines listed below. Approved vendors in good standing do not need to reapply for future quarters in which they expressed interest in their application. The Trust reserves the right to use its sole discretion to curate and determine the mix of vendors on a quarterly basis.
Application DeadlineFall 2022 (October 1 - December 31, 2022) August 1, 2022 Winter 2023 (January 1 - March 31, 2023) November 1, 2022 Spring 2023 (April 1 - June 30, 2023) February 1, 2023 Summer 2023 (July 1 - September 30, 2023) May 1, 2023 Fall 2023 (October 1 – December 31, 2023) August 1, 2023 Winter 2024 (January 1- March 31, 2024) November 1, 2023 Spring 2024 (April 1 – June 30, 2024) February 1, 2024 Summer 2024 (July 1 – September 30, 2024) May 1, 2024
Overview of Terms + Conditions
Vendors must agree to the Presidio Trust's full terms and conditions to participate in the Presidio Pop Up program. A high-level overview is provided below. The full terms and conditions will be provided to qualified vendors at the time of selection
- Regular shifts: There will be two regular shifts daily (Shift 1: 9am-4pm and Shift 2: 11am-6pm) Vendors are required to agree to a minimum of two shifts per week with at least one of the shifts occurring on a weekday (Monday through Friday). Shifts will be determined at the Presidio Trust's sole discretion and assigned on a quarterly basis.
- Duration of Agreement: The term of each agreement is 3-month quarters (see Season schedule above) with the possibility of renewal. Vendors in good standing and interested in renewing, will automatically be considered for future quarters.
- Allowable Service Asset Types: Food Trucks, Trailers, Tents, and Carts.
- Set up and breakdown: Vendors must set up and breakdown their areas daily. On-site or overnight storage is not available nor is it permitted.
- Location : Outdoor – assigned locations in and around the Tunnel Tops site.
- Sustainability: All businesses must adhere to the Presidio's sustainability practices, including but not limited to use of compostable disposables, no single serve condiments, no single-use plastic water bottles, responsible waste and grey water management practices.
- Fees: Fees are based on a flat fee rent structure with tiered pricing based on Service Asset type and day of the week. Opening Season/Quarter 1 (July-September 2022) fees per shift:
- Carts - $75 weekdays (Monday – Friday) and $125 weekends (Saturday/Sunday)
- Trucks, Trailers, and Tents - $145 weekdays (Monday – Friday) and $250 weekends (Saturday/Sunday).
- Additional fees will be assessed for vendors selling alcohol
- Fee Payment: Fees must be pre-paid on a monthly basis on the first of the month. Late fees apply.
- Fee Adjustment: Fees may be adjusted in future quarters in the Presidio Trust's sole discretion.
- Sales Data: Vendors are required to share their Tunnel Tops location sales reports by the 15th of each month. Monthly reports must be submitted in a spreadsheet format and include daily sales and transaction counts.
- Required Documents (to be provided as a condition of acceptance):
- Current Business license;
- Current Permit to Operate from a Bay Area County (San Francisco, Alameda, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Contra Costa, Marin);
- Insurance requirements as outlined in the attached document; and
- For vendors selling alcohol, vendor must hold a valid State of California liquor license from the California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control ("State Liquor License") OR meet all of the requirements of the State Liquor License as outlined Part 8 of the Rules for Special Use Permits.